Flexi Planners make awesome holiday gifts!

My daughter is in her first year of college and she was looking for Christmas gifts for her three roommates. As students, I figured the girls would appreciate something beautiful AND useful. I thought the Flexi Planner project would fit the bill.

It was fun personalizing each planner to fit the girls' interests and personalities. Based on Emma's observations, I created three different versions using papers from my stash. Each cover features die cut letters for the girls' initials. The planner pages are refillable (using the printable download) and the calendar pages are undated, making each a timeless gift.

LL is a dancer, so the A Night at the Met collection was perfect for her planner! I trimmed the 12x12 Deluxe black print to 11" wide, then scored horizontally at 8.5" to create a divider with a pocket. I love how the piano keys are exposed on the inside pocket.


LM is from Chicago. I was stumped for a bit, then I remembered I still had papers from the January 2014 Graffiti collection. I hope the fun palette and artwork bring a bit of brightness to her day. (I used the second 12x12 A Night at the Met Deluxe black print to create a pocket for this planner, too.)



Finally, ES is studying abroad next semester. I made her planner cover from stainless steel folding board for an elegant look. The inside dividers are classic black. (I guess I forgot to take more photos of this one!)



I hope Emma's roommates enjoy their gifts for many years to come. What handmade gifts are you making this holiday season?

Happy crafting!






Comments

  1. How thoughtful Karen! Handmade, personalized planners tailored to their personalities is a priceless gift. I know they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Karen! What a great gift for college gals.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment