Cobblestone Flexi Planner

I just LOVE the Flexi Planner project! Two years ago, I made a Christmas planner, using it to track my Christmas card list, gift ideas and purchases. The pockets keep the receipts all in one place. I've never felt so organized!

This project also makes a great gift for family and friends. You can see examples I've made on the Club Scrap blog and here on my personal blog.

Now that expo season has started, I occasionally do some shopping on the show floor. I have a nasty habit of purchasing duplicates of some of my favorite products - great for my crafty friends, but not so great for my wallet. My solution? Create a planner to help me track "inventory" of my crafting stash and supplies. By pairing the Flexi Planner (Cool Tones) with elements from the Cobblestone page kit, I was able to create something beautiful and useful!


Construct the planner according to the instructions included with purchase. (There's even a video tutorial!) This time I skipped building the box portion of the project, using the extra papers for mats and panels throughout the book.

The Cobblestone Cutparts coordinate perfectly. I used the largest panel for the cover of the book, adding a smaller sentiment to the center of the sign image.


Instead of the manila envelopes included in the planner kit, I used white 6x9" from the office supply store. Each section of the folded envelope is decorated with Cutapart sentiments and art. (Other Cutaparts are from the now-extinct Twinchie Album project.)



The four numbered squares label each of the four sections of the planner. 




Using printable charts from their respective websites, I now know which Ranger Distress ink colors I already own, and can avoid purchasing duplicate Nuvo Drops. (Thanks to my pal Rita, I'm also working on a way to incorporate sample swatches of my extensive collection of embossing folders!)



I'd love to hear how you're using your Flexi Planner project. Comment below, or better yet, add photos of your finished planner to the Club Scrap Chat group on Facebook. Membership to the group is free, and it's a great place to hang out if you're a Club Scrap fan!

Happy crafting!









Comments

  1. Karen, what a great way to keep track of all your supplies!! Love this!! I think I definitely need this for my new Nuvo drops LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea, Karen! I've been using the calendar sections for tracking food, exercise, and weight loss. I really want to make a Christmas planner like the one you made. That was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment