January 2020 Bonus Formula with the Coffeehouse collection.

I think Club Scrap's Bonus Page Formulas are one of the best scrapbooking tools available today. I fondly refer to them as "stash-busters"--I can quickly and easily create beautiful layouts using papers I already own. Club members get one formula per month as part of their subscription. Non-members can purchase a bundle of downloadable formulas from Club Scrap's online shop.

I really liked the finished look of the January 2020 bonus formula--it holds so many pictures! The lineup of four smaller mats on each page remind me of a film strip or pics from a photo booth.

Here’s the sketch of the finished layout. (A gather list and full trimming instructions are provided on the downloadable document.)


After making a two-page spread using Confetti papers, I decided to make a second set of pages using Coffeehouse (Red and Latte plain, card kit print), Falling Leaves (Brown plain) and Damask (Blue plain).


During the trimming process, I changed the first cut on Paper C to 3/4" to create one wider strip instead of three individual 1/4" strips. I also rearranged several of the elements from the original sketch to better suit my needs.

The vertical photo mat on the left page moves to the right page. Nest 3/4" Paper C with 1" Paper A (plain side) to create a border strip, wrap with red grosgrain ribbon. 

Shift the two smaller rectangular mats from the bottom left to the bottom right. Adhere a 4x4" photo into the open space. Add alpha stickers to create a title.


In lieu of two separate photos, trim a single horizontal photo to fit across two small rectangular mats.



Place the two matching double-matted photos vertically (instead of horizontally) in the upper right corner. Position the third mat (originally on the left page) horizontally across the bottom of the page. Shifting the vertical "photo strip" closer the right edge allows plenty of room for these changes.


Trim a vertical photo to fit across two small rectangular mats on the "photo booth strip". Now the strip features a pair of vertical images instead of four separate images.


Visit the Club Scrap blog to see the layout I created using the same formula with papers from January's Confetti collection. Using different papers and altering the arrangement of the cut pieces results in a wide variety of looks. Don't be afraid to use formulas again and again for quick and easy layouts. 

Happy scrapping!



Comments

  1. They do look different every time! Nobody would even know they were the same formula. I remember CS demonstrating 6-page mini kits that were the same formula on all three sets of layouts and you couldn't tell at all they were the same. I love that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that too, Pam! So versatile. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment!

      Delete
  2. I love how with just a simple rotation of a page or element you have a totally looking layout. Rockin' that animal print scarf, Karen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lisa! Thanks for being so nice about the scarf. It's completely out of my comfort zone style-wise, but trying to jazz up my bland wardrobe, LOL.

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out, Karen! :) Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment