Hopes Greeting Cards - A blast from the past.

While at a recent crafting retreat, I brought along some Club Scrap kits from long, long ago. One collection I worked with was Hopes (June 2013).

The cards below were made using the Hopes Greetings to Go kit. I loosely followed the instructions, adding a few of my own touches here and there. Much like Club Scrap's current card kits, pre-printed cutapart greetings were included.

4.25x5.5" Cards

Add texture to the gold metallic panels using an embossing folder.






3x5" Cards

The next set features panels of the most stunning handmade paper!

Hopes stamped sentiment.





5x7" Cards

Trim scraps into banner shapes to accent the front of the card.


The next four cards feature large shipping tags. Stamp a variety of images on each tag using Club Scrap's Tangerine and Earth hybrid ink.

Hopes stamps



Add color to the edges of the shipping tag with a water brush and brown watercolor crayon.


Even though this collection is no longer available, I think it's fun to be inspired by kit themes and card designs from the past. For example, oversized shipping tags make great card accents - I'm pretty sure I'll use that idea again!

Happy crafting!






Comments

  1. These cards are absolutely stunning. The Hopes kit has always been one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing these cards as I can see making with "leftovers". I especially like the idea of trimming scraps into banner shapes to accent the front of the card. Also, using embossed background sheets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment