November Page Formula with Tropicale papers

Each month, in addition to eight page kit layouts, Club Scrap members receive a bonus formula designed to make additional two-page spreads from additional papers. Most months, I complete the bonus layout and feature them in a post on the Club Scrap blog. November was a challenge for me on a personal level, so I never got to make the layout. I was, however, determined to make one before the end of the year.

Tropicale Bonus Formula Sketch

The November formula is designed to transform five sheets of 12x12 paper into a well-balanced two-page spread. 


Completed Layout

To replicate my layout, download the member-exclusive November bonus formula. Gather the following papers from the Tropicale collection: Orange Plain (Paper A), Green Plain (Paper B), Card Kit Print (Paper C) and two White Plain (Paper D). Follow the trimming and assembly instructions to complete the basic layout.

I used the finished pages to document photos from my son's 20th birthday.


On the left side, I rearranged the placement of the photo mats slightly, shifting them to the left. The smaller double mat was moved to the right edge of the page. Die cut numbers document the birthday year.


On the right layout, I followed the arrangement of the trimmed pieces pretty closely. Since my photo selection was limited, I trimmed two vertical photos to 3x4 and added them to the second horizontal photo mat.


For journaling, I trimmed a plain white scrap to fit the smallest mat. Use a pencil and grid ruler to lightly draw guidelines to prevent handwritten journaling from going "downhill".


Not a Club Scrap member? There are dozens of Page Formulas available for immediate download from the online store. Use the formulas again and again to transform that paper stash into beautiful layouts!

Happy scrapping!




Comments