Make beautiful cards with the Love Birds collection.

I had so much fun transforming the new Love Birds page kit into greeting cards on the Club Scrap blog. Using their card making formulas, I was able to create 29 cards from the kit. The printed cutaparts provided enough art and sentiments to complete 16 of the cards, ready for mailing. The rest could easily be used as all-occasion greetings or notecards.

However, since I have a somewhat sizable craft stash, I couldn't resist finishing the remaining 13 cards with stamping and embellishments.


The little woodcut birds are from the Cherry Blossoms Lite kit. This will make an adorable anniversary card for a special couple.


Grab those punches languishing in your stash and put them to good use! The handful of scraps left over from the cutting formulas should provide more than enough material for a few punched shapes or die cuts. The punched heart goes perfectly with this sentiment from the Mumbai stamps.


Use foam adhesive circles to attach a circle punched from a cutapart border strip topped with a tiny heart.



Color Blocked Cards

I just love this card formula! The finished cards always make a statement - only simple embellishments are needed.


Attach the sweet little flowers from the kit with pink brads from your stash.



Don't you just love the texture added with embossing folders? And don't get me started on those fuzzy hearts. They are too cute!

Trim a banner shape from a white scrap to fit the long narrow panel on the card.





For added color, replace some of the long narrow strips with one inch wide cutaparts trimmed to 4".




(Oopsie! It looks like there might be a bit of a spoiler in there. Maybe no one will notice.)

I hope you enjoyed this tour of my finished Love Birds cards. Now fly on over to the online store to pick up TWO Love Birds collections...one for pages and one for cards!

Happy card making!


Comments

  1. I love how the cards turned out, Karen! It's fun to see the sentiments from tons of past kits. We've had some good ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Karen! You have inspired me! I'm heading to host a crop in a few hours. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely in awe of all the cards you created!! WOW! Fabulous Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are amazing, Karen! You've inspired me to make some VDay cards! Way to rock the new collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment