Falling for handmade paper.

Welcome to the final stop on the Falling for Handmade Paper blog hop! I'm honored to be among a dozen talented bloggers sharing projects made with handmade paper and the Falling Leaves collection.



I purchased an Arnold Grummer's PaperMill Pro about 15 years ago at a Club Scrap Retreat. The PaperMill Pro makes handmade paper up to 8.5x11". Arnold Grummer also offers a smaller kit that makes 5.5 x 8.5" sheets. No matter which kit you use, follow the easy-to-follow instructions to make handmade paper. 

I made three sheets of paper from torn junk mail envelopes and a 3x4" piece of colored card stock. (HPOPs are perfect for this.) Adding the card stock tinted the pulp to coordinate with the Falling Leaves color palette. Note: When using envelopes, don't forget to remove any clear "window" film before adding to the blender!


Handmade paper is beautiful and incredibly versatile. Use a trimmer to cut to the desired size, or measure with a grid ruler, drawing a line with a water brush. Gently tearing along the wet line preserves the deckle edge, like on the square panels on the layout below.

Falling Leaves layout created using the 09.19 Bonus Page Formula

Handmade paper can be used with embossing folders, punches and dies.



Years ago, I purchased an envelope template for my Papermill. I just love the way the edges look, so I highlighted them with Earth ink.



Handmade paper makes beautiful card panels, too. Just add a stamped sentiment and die cut leaf for a simple, yet elegant card.



As you explore the hop, we encourage you to leave comments for each blogger. Those who leave a comment on all of the participating blogs by September 28 will be entered into a random drawing for a prize. Winners will be announced on both the Arnold Grummer and Club Scrap blogs October 1. If you missed any stops, you can go back to the beginning on the Club Scrap blog.

Good luck, and happy crafting!


Comments

  1. Thanks for the suggestion on using a water brush for a tear line -- I always made a mess when trying to tear previously. The envelope template is something I will explore acquiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cracks me up. We are so "in tune" with one another that we both made a grid layout with our handmade papers? I see you nearly every day, but we never even talked about our plans. And here we are. Jinx! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the envelope is such a cool look! Imagine getting that in the mail, it would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've never tried to make envelopes. Will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout with the gorgeous photos is just perfect and coordinates beautifully with these handmade papers!! I love the idea of making a coordinating handmade paper envelope to accompany the card, such awesome ideas. Thanks for sharing Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout and it is rather easy to recreate with any themed paper pack. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Karen!!! I, too, love the envelope! Your papers are simply glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout, and what a great way to use the handmade paper. I can't wait to try it. The envelope turned out super, what a good idea to go with a handmade card. I can't wait to try making paper in other colors. i'm thinking Lavender Fields next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the simplicity of the grid in your layout. Such beautiful photos, and displayed with just the right amount of embellishment. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your page layout. And the idea about accenting the deckle edge with a subtle distress is great--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen, thanks for all you and Tricia did to make the CS & AG's hop a paper adventure for all of us! You're an accomplished stamper, card-maker and papermaker, and it shows in the most compelling way in your projects. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Karen...why...now I "need" a Papermill Pro and the envelope template! Are those photos from your Dad's collection? They are beautiful and the perfect complement for handmade paper! I used my HPOPS for pulp too and I can't believe how vibrant the colored pulp was. I can't wait to use up my stash of Club Scrap scraps to make more! P.S. I'm scraplifting the design on the envelope 💖.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of the handmade papers with the embossing folders,just another way to add dimension. I also like the water trick for the paper tearing. Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the envelope, for sure! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layout it beautiful! I love the way you torn the paper like it was mulberry paper! I can't wait to try to make my own handmade paper! Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work! And gorgeous colors of handmade paper.....using some of the scraps from the kit really make it easy to match the colors too. Looking forward to doing this hop again next year.....smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will try this again. Loved your scrapbook pages and cards. The fall colors pop with your homemade papers, Makes me want to take a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turned out great! I like the water tip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Karen! Your layout is fantastic and your card is beautiful! I really like that pretty leaf die you used! So many fabulous photos too! Thanks again for everything! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty paper and page. The card is pretty too with the leaf

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout! Love the colors .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful colors for fall! I love the layout and card! The handmade paper looks awesome for the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful papers Karen! I love how you were able to show off these beauties with this month's bonus sketch. I NEED that envelope template.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, I like that envelope template. Beautiful layout and card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your layout with the beautiful nature pictures and squares infusing the homemade paper. Making envelopes with homemade paper is something I would love to try and had never thought of doing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous layout... and I have 4 millions pieces of HPOP so I could make lots of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all the different colors you were able to make. The extra touch on the envelope was great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful elements and papers, very pretty.
    Cathy Gray

    ReplyDelete
  29. Karen - I love your creativity! I can't wait to bring out my stash and get to playing with handmade paper! Lynn B

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the papers you made and how you used them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. And an envelope to match. How clever.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your papers highlight your dad's photos so beautifully :) Love the matching envelope for your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love what you created with this hand made paper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment