Falling Leaves Stitched Album


In preparation for last weekend's Falling for Handmade Paper blog hop, I used Arnold Grummer's PaperMill PRO to make several sheets of handmade paper.


I used the orange and brown papers to make a layout and card for the hop, so the red sheet was left over. 

One of the many wonderful qualities of handmade paper is that it wraps beautifully, so I used the remaining red sheet to wrap the covers of a hand-stitched album.


The album is made from a variety of Club Scrap papers in fall colors and features a long stitch spine.

The finished size of the album is 4.25 x 6.25", making it the perfect size to house my daughter's 4x6" senior portrait proofs.


Leftover page kit cutparts and printed elements from the Falling Leaves digital hybrid kit decorate the inside pages. I printed the digital artwork onto my favorite super smooth cover stock, which now comes in ivory (as well as white). The ivory coordinated perfectly with the rest of the Falling Leaves collection.



The cover is embellished with a leaf preserved using Arnold Grummer's Garden Press. The sentiment is from the Falling Leaves stamps.


I just love how my hand-stitched album turned out. The handmade paper cover is so beautiful and has such great texture. 

Happy book making!




Comments

  1. Just beautiful, Karen! I need to try my hand a few more sheets of HM paper. We should have a "session." With margaritas, or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia! And yes! I'd love to have a paper-making session...with or without "creative juice", LOL.

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful project, Karen. Looks like great papers and your DD looks wonderful on your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea for your handmade paper. It looks a lot like the French Stitch album we made at Retreat 2018. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment