Six Surprise Cards

When I use Club Scrap page kits for projects rather than layouts, I usually end up with leftover papers and embellishments. (When you follow their instructions, you won't end up with any scraps!)

I recently made six cards with leftovers from the Surprise  collection (01/18). I embellished the cards with additional elements printed from the coordinating hybrid kit.

The Surprise theme is ideal for birthday cards, so I gathered assorted birthday greetings from my vast stamp collection.


Print the circle background from the hybrid kit onto super smooth white cover stock. Trim to create a 4 x 5.25" card panel. Cut the ends of narrow strips to mimic a banner shape. Adhere punched circles with foam adhesive to create dimension.


 Charms, stickers and ribbons from my stash decorate the cards.


A card kit cutapart provides the sentiment on this card.


I couldn't resist using an image from the original Surprise stamp sheet as the focal point on these cards. Stamp image using watermark ink, and heat emboss using silver EP. So eye-catching!



I'm so happy with the way the cards turned out. I was running low on birthday cards, so these will help with the shortage.

If you're a Club Scrap member or customer, don't be afraid to incorporate the coordinating hybrid kits into your every day scrapping and card making. It's a great way to stretch your supplies.

Happy crafting!

Comments

  1. Terrific cards, Karen! This theme is SO festive and fun. I've already used up all of my Surprise greeting cards, and I need to follow your lead and make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise had such good colors for making cards! I mixed some of this kit with leftovers from Graffiti, which had similar colors. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks FABULOUS with silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment