Lodge Cards

Last year I purchased Club Scrap's Lodge Remix Card kit with the Holiday cutaparts, thinking I'd use it to make some of my holiday cards. Well, as sometimes happens, I set the kit aside and promptly forgot about it. What's a papercrafter to do?


Rather than saving the cards for Christmas 2020, I adapted them to make a batch of masculine cards. I'd say I was pretty successful!
Office Space wood "thank you" tags.

Much of the artwork is "woodsy" and doesn't scream Christmas, so all I had to do was mask the holiday sentiments and replace with a variety of stamped ones.
Sea Breeze stamped sentiment.

Stamped sentiments from Confetti and Sea Breeze. Forest Floor silk leaf.

Where the art was too Christmas-y to deny, I simply flipped the cutapart to the plain side and stamped and embellished it as I would any blank card panel.

Turquoise stamped sentiment, wood arrow from stash.

Confetti birthday stamp, Forest Floor fern stamp, Literature "thank you" tag, wooden owl from stash.

Turquoise stamped sentiment, pine cone die from stash.
These card designs are some of my favorite. Did you know you can purchase a downloadable card making formula to make cards just like these? Simply combine Card Formula #4 with papers from your stash to make six A2 and six A6 cards from twelve 12x12 papers. (View cards I made last year using this formula HERE and HERE.)

I hope my cards inspire you to make adaptations of your own when assembling your card kit!

Happy crafting!








Comments

  1. I bow to your greatness, Karen! You are a genius by covering up the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks, Lisa. Necessity is the mother of invention, right? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, these masculine cards are so perfect! Love what you have done to these cutaparts!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I was so happy that these Xmas options came out in July. It gave me plenty of time to start working early on my Xmas card stash. I love how you adapted these. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masculine cards. I too forgot to do anything before Christmas with my Lodge cutaparts! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment