March 2020 Bonus Page Formula

I'm so excited to share the pages I made using Club Scrap's March Bonus Page Formula! Here's the sketch:

These formulas are a benefit of Club membership. Members receive the sketch, along with trimming and assembly instructions, to complete a two-page spread. If you aren't a club member, you can browse and purchase past Bonus Page Formulas in Club Scrap's hybrid store.

Ever since my DH got me a large-format printer for Christmas, I've been dying to print hybrid artwork in a 12x12" size. My first attempt is this print from the Western Hybrid kit:


I had more photos of my friend Oliver's visit to the Tall Ships that didn't fit the Western pages I scrapped earlier this month. In order to create two more coordinating pages, I printed two hybrid 12x12 sheets for the left and right bases. Following the bonus formula instructions, I trimmed three plains from the Western collection: one each of burgundy, brown and blue.

As you can see below, I didn't follow the sketch exactly since I had more vertical photos than horizontal.


Here's the completed two-page spread with photos:


To add a bit of visual texture, decorate the burgundy strip on the right layout using Mahogany hybrid ink and the Paisley masking stencil.


Adhere 1/4" hole-punched circles (topped with bookbinding glue for shine) to the center of three bronze flowers


Stamp the word "Yee-haw" onto a leather tag using India ink and attach to the border strip using mini brads. (Let the ink dry completely to avoid smearing.) 


I just love how these pages turned out! Need more inspiration? Visit the Club Scrap blog to see Tricia's pages made using the March Bonus Formula.

Happy scrapping!

Comments

  1. Karen this set of pages is perfect! Love how you used the formula!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get some sort of new printer. The color printer we have won't take cardstock and the other printer we have is b/w only. I think I need one of those Epson jobbies y'all have. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pages with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Pam, it's a Canon. Here's the link (you might have to copy and paste): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HM0IVDY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I got it Black Friday last fall.

      Delete
  3. I need a new printer too! I'm in the same boat as Pam. Love the extra embellishing you did with the bronze flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Canon, shared the link above. Got it for less than $130 on Black Friday last year.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous layout, Karen! I love how your custom printed paper turned out! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment