Western Pages - Three occasions!

Club Scrap's Western Page kit started shipping on March 2. Some folks were struggling with the theme, but I love the earthy colors and rustic artwork so much! I sincerely enjoy the challenge of "thinking outside the box" when it comes to theme, so I was thrilled to find photos to scrap from three completely different events.

My son and his GF recently attended a Milwaukee Bucks basketball game, and the photos are super cute on these pages.

Western Layout 1 & 2

In lieu of four smaller photos, I cropped two vertical photos to fit across two mats on the far right side.


The rustic "feel" of this collection was the perfect foil for memories of visiting the Tall Ships docked in Green Bay last summer. Isn't my friend Oliver the most adorable captain ever?

Western Layout 5 & 6 - Photo credit: Kyle Tassoul

Finally, I cannot stress enough how amazing outdoor and nature photos look on this color palette. The patterned papers add interest without taking attention away from these amazing images my dad captured.

Western Layout 3 & 4 - Photo credit: Michael Chaffey

The photos of maturing eagles all along the Fox River are so striking on these layouts, don't you think? (On a side note, when my family first moved to the Fox River area 36 years ago, eagles were considered endangered and nearly extinct in our area. Cleaning up the river made such a difference! I'm so blessed to have witnessed this transformation in person.)

Western Layout 7 & 8 - Photo credit: Michael Chaffey

This kit is as versatile as a favorite pair of blue jeans! For even more inspiration, visit the Club Scrap blog to see how Tricia finished her Western pages.

Happy scrapping!


Comments

  1. Love this theme!! (Of course, I am a Texan!!) You did a great job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rustic wood and rope motif looks great with so many types of photos. Thanks for showing us the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great proof that your papers don't have to dictate the photo subject! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fabulous finished pages, Karen! I love how you think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment