Thursday, April 13, 2017

Vintage-style photos on Cherry Blossoms collection

When my daughter Emma was small, my friend Kay took photos of her using vintage props. Afterwards, Kay printed three favorites in sepia, hand-tinted them, then placed them in a triptych frame as a gift to me. The frame hung proudly on the wall of our family room.

Fast-forward a few years: Emma's rambunctious brothers were playing football in the house, and the frame came crashing down. I was one sad (and very mad) momma.


For too long these photos stayed tucked away. However, when I saw the Cherry Blossoms collection from Club Scrap, I knew I had finally found an ideal way to showcase these special memories.


I strayed slightly from Tricia's formula for Cherry Blossoms Deluxe Layout 3 & 4, in order to accommodate the 5x7 photos. Since the photos are originals (and very precious), I used white photo corners to attach them to the page.

You never know, I might want to put them in a frame again some day!

To see more of my Cherry Blossoms pages, visit my post at the Club Scrap blog.

4 comments:

  1. Such darling pictures of Emma, Karen and this kit is perfect for reusing them!
    Beautiful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a house full of "boys"...I feel your pain! You are right, this is the perfect combo for your photos! What a sweet treasure Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic way to rescue these very precious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Karen, these are just absolutely precious!!

    ReplyDelete