Photo Drop Box

I had the pleasure of teaching a very cool project at the 2017 Club Scrap Retreat in October. The Photo Drop Box was designed by my friend, Julie. (Read more about her inspiration here.) It was an awesome project to put together, and it was perfect for showcasing my dad's daily "walkabout" photos.

Here's a quick video to show you how the finished project looks:



Each of the three hand-stitched booklets holds 24 standard 4x6 photos. I chose to add photos that represent the seasons in our local park: winter, fall and spring.


The three booklets are housed in this clever storage box--built from book board and wrapped in gorgeous text-weight paper. The outside of the box can be decorated to suit your tastes.


The front of my box features an amazing eagle photo Dad captured, along with the wooden word "dream" (Crewel & Unusual February 2016).

Everything you need to complete this project is included in the Photo Drop Box kit. I added "feet" to mine--craft store wooden knobs (painted black) adhered to the box base using Bookbinding Glue.

You can easily customize your box with three sheets of 12x12 text weight paper from your stash. My friend Ron covered his with this amazing hammered copper paper, also offered at Retreat.

Photo and project by Ron Perry.
This project makes an incredible gift (just ask Dad!) It would also be a great way to store and display photos from a special event or trip. I already have plans for two more boxes in the works!

Happy crafting!




Comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! It was such an honor to have my project chosen as one of the workshops! So exciting and absolutely adore what you and Ron have created!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment