Book Cloth Wrapped Mini Album

I just love handmade books. I learned how to make my first stitched book in 2002, and I've been hooked ever since!



After learning and then teaching the French Link Stitch Journal for Club Scrap Retreat, I was on a book-making roll. The book cloth used for the journal was so easy to work with and gave the book such an authentic feel. I couldn't resist trying it on a smaller book with a wrapped spine.


Club Scrap has four beautiful book cloth sets available. The 8.5×11″ sheets are perfect for the French Link Stitch Journal and other fun projects. Adhesive will not seep through the non-aqueous coating on the linen, and it wraps around book board like a dream!


I created this mini with book cloth from the Modern pack. I roughed up the edges of the ivory inside pages with a distressing tool. 





The front cover is embellished with papers and ribbons from the Ivy League collection. Don't you just love the Bronze Filigree Charm on the front? So elegant!



If you like making handmade books as much as I do, I hope you'll give Club Scrap's book cloth a try. It's a dream to work with!

Happy crafting!



Comments

  1. Really cute book. I ordered the modern book cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruby! I think you'll really love working with the stuff. Happy book-wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book -- love the rough edges. Reminds me of that beaded book we made in Retreat a few years ago. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous book Karen! I love how you decorated the front.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment