French Link Stitch Journal

I fell in love with the French Link Stitch Journal project at Retreat. I couldn't resist making several!

The workshop kit features a black book cloth cover and colorful inside pages. I filled mine with zip-lining photos from our Mexico trip this summer. You can see that finished project on the Club Scrap blog.

The French Link Stitch Journal Components kit makes it easy to customize a journal to fit your needs. Because the book is created from twelve 12x12 papers, you can transform any Club Scrap page kit into a beautiful album. Just add two sheets of book cloth in a coordinating color!

Sea Breeze French Link Stitch Album (Black Twill/Ivory Thread)

More photographs from our Mexico trip fill a journal made from the Sea Breeze page kitBook cloth from Club Scrap's "Modern" set was a great match!


I trimmed a frame from book board and wrapped it in wave washi tape. Bookbinding glue in a needle-tipped applicator makes it easy to fill the niche with additional embellishments from the page kit.


Cutaparts and page kit photo mats make decorating the inside pages a breeze. (See what I did there?)



Daffodils French Link Stitch Album (Ivory Twill/Black Thread)

Book cloth from the Brights set paired with a Daffodils page kit creates a beautiful garden journal! 



Don't you just love how the contrast of the twill against thread makes the beautiful stitching stand out?




Gorgeous handmade journals make incredible gifts for friends and family. (Trust me, the stitching only looks complicated . . . everyone will be so impressed at your mad book making skills!)

I hope I've convinced you to give this project a try. Happy creating!



Comments

  1. Gorgeous, Karen! Thanks for sharing your beautiful ideas! I love that Sea Breeze washi tape cover so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular book Karen! I always have difficulties with decorating the covers. I love the washi tape idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful books Karen. Thanks for sharing you various ideas, I like them all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comments, Ruby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment