Coastal Artist Trading Cards

I'm thrilled to be participating in the Club Scrap ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap, once more. Hosted and organized by long-time Club member, Lynn L, it's a fun swap I was absent from for far too long.

We simply create small works of art from the chosen monthly kit. Each card measures 2.5x3.5" - the same size as a playing card or hobby trading card. It can be a challenge to create on such a small scale, but at the same time, very satisfying. We make nine cards of our own design and send them to the hostess. After the organizer swaps them out, you get nine cards in return, one by each of the different participating artists.

Sometimes I make all nine the same design - other times, I mix it up, depending on my muse. The cards below are my design submitted for the Coastal ATC swap. 

The lighthouse image was created digitally and printed "9-up" onto 8.5x11 Club Scrap's super smooth white plain. The sentiment was hand-stamped in India ink. Each panel was trimmed to size and matted, with my info added to the reverse side for the swap.

Have you participated in any swaps lately? I love the challenge of working within specified guidelines - it really stretches my creative muscles.

Happy crafting!



Comments