Lagoon Cards

So far this year, I've been successful in my efforts to keep up with my monthly Club Scrap page kits. My goal has been to complete the pages, finishing them with photos and journaling.

When I have a bit of "extra" free time, I also try to work on some of the older kits languishing in my craft room.

The now-extinct Lagoon Club Stamp kit has been resting on my work table since I pilfered a couple of sheets of paper from it for another project. After taking a visual inventory of the kit contents and browsing the instructions, I realized I could still manage to make twelve cards, with a few alterations, of course.

The first four are a unique stand-up card structure. The finished card measures the standard 4.25 x 5.5", but it is scored so it stands on it's own. You can read more about how it's done on Tricia's post.






I loosely followed the rest of the instructions, but skipped the origami goldfish. They are super cute--when someone else makes them. However, by skipping that step, I was able to get four simple 4 x 5.25" panels from my quad print. (If you knew me, you'd understand. My patience has it's limits.) 




Finally, I assembled the remaining pieces, with a little help from my Lagoon HPOP. (Love those things...perfect for when you need extra bits of paper for card panels, die cutting, etc.)





It just goes to show you, even a couple of papers short, you get a whole lot of goodness from your Club Scrap kits!

Happy crafting!

Comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!
    All of your cards are top notch Karen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Karen! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been taking apart some of my kits lately too. I realized that I have plenty of paper in my stash to make up the difference. I can take a Sr/Deluxe kit, make 12x12 page or card formulas with those papers, and then take the 8.5x11s out, add a few sheets from my stash, including my stash of awesome quad prints, and make my own version of the stamp kit. Add any stamp kit ALCM directions and voila, a Deluxe kit used up! Woot! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So smart! Spoken like an experienced assembly-liner!

      Delete
  4. So very good in keeping up, Karen! These cards are wonderful and loving the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment