Three more Gone Wild stamped cards.

I just love the Gone Wild collection. I was so inspired by the stamps, I decided to make three more cards using masking and ink blending techniques.

Use painter's tape to mask off a vertical area on a plain white panel. Apply three complimentary ink colors using an ink applicator. Gently remove painter's tape. Add stamped images and sentiments using Jet Black ink. Use a water brush to add flecks of black watercolor crayon to panel.


I created my own masks by cutting different sized circles from stencil film. Be sure to keep both pieces . . . you'll see why below.

Use temporary adhesive to apply circle "frame" mask to white panel. Blend yellow, orange and red inks into opening using an applicator. Remove mask. Use Jet Black ink to add images and sentiments. 

Tree stamp is from Club Scrap's March 2014 Trees collection.
Apply Jet Black ink to perimeter of a 3x4" acrylic stamping block. Press onto white panel to create frame. Use temporary adhesive to attach the circle mask within the framed area. Apply painter's tape around outside of inked frame. Blend yellow and orange inks in open area. Stamp script in Jet Black. Add stamped giraffe. Remove all masks.

Script stamp is from Club Scrap's March 2014 Trees collection.
I hope these cards and techniques inspire you. Happy stamping!





Comments

  1. I am in love with the sun masking!!! WOW great techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! It was pretty addicting once I got started!

      Delete
  2. I too am loving the sun masking! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, Karen!! I am very inspired to try them myself. Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment