Scrapbooking makes me a happy camper.

Working member services for Club Scrap, it's always interesting to hear from members regarding their initial impression of the kits. On occasion, folks seem to struggle with certain monthly themes. Club Scrap's November collection seemed to stump folks, even though we consistently get requests for "outdoor" and "camping" themes. 

Personally, I haven't gone camping in 22 years. (First child learns to walk = no more visiting wide open spaces.) So I wanted to share how I used the Happy Camper Page kit.

Scrapping photos from my annual visit to the Silver Birch Ranch Scrapbooking Retreat was a no-brainer. I knew right away the pages would be perfect for preserving camp memories. I used four of the eight layouts for my trip to SBR.

Happy Camper Page kit - Layouts 3 & 4

Happy Camper Page kit - Layouts 7 & 8
I also had a few more photos to scrap from our visit to the Lake Michigan shoreline this spring. The photos of the blue water look amazing on this collection!

Happy Camper Page kit - Layouts 5-6
Finally, my son recently purchased his first home. At 22 years old, we are incredibly proud of him and of course, very happy for him as well. (Although I'm sad I won't get to see him every day.) I snapped a few pictures at the closing as Hunter received his keys for the first time. The two remaining Happy Camper layouts were an excellent fit for this very happy occasion!

Happy Camper Page kit - Layouts 1 & 2
I ended up "short" one vertical photo. The solution? Select one printable image from the Happy Camper hybrid kit, resize and print at 4x6" to add to the mat. (The little cabin bears a striking resemblance to Hunter's cute li'l house, doesn't it?)


I'm happy to say, even though I ended up a week behind, I've still maintained my goal of completing all eight layouts from each Club Scrap monthly kit for 2019. (By the way, I have two layouts from the Coffeehouse Page kit already scrapped, too!)

Happy scrapping!

Comments

  1. Fantastic Happy Camper pages! Way to scrap outside of the pizza box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appreciate when you show folks how they can adapt their kits to their personal situations. I'm sure this will be helpful for many people. Great pics! It has been fun watching your kiddos grow up through your layouts, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment