Homestead Layouts

As a blogger for Club Scrap, I usually create one to two projects per month using the current kit theme. Since I pilfer supplies to make those projects, I'm often left with only partial kits. And even though it's hard, I try to resist the urge to "replenish" (I already have 14 years worth of kits at my disposal).


When scrapbooking, I generally follow Tricia Morris' efficient scrapbooking instructions (ALSB). But what to do when I'm left with only pieces/parts? Wing it! (LOL) Actually, I take the principals I've learned from Tricia, along with some favorite basic cutting formulas (I have memorized), to create my layouts.


These layouts were made using the remnants of my (now extinct) October 2014 Homestead Deluxe kit.


The color and theme were perfect for scrapping some of my father's photos from his daily walk-about at our local park. The only embellishments I added (not included in the kit) were some die cut letters and leaves.

"Shine" from Sunflowers Jumbo UM.

Homestead UM stamp sentiment.

Now that Dad's retired, he has more time to take pictures than I do, so I often steal borrow his photos for my scrapbooks. I think it's a win-win, don't you?

Comments

  1. These are AMAZING Karen! Looks like you had a very productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment