Delft Hybrid Projects

Each month I help organize a challenge and blog hop for Club Scrap's Artist Team. This month's challenge was to incorporate digital kits into scrapbooking, card making, etc. (We refer to this as "hybrid" crafting as we mix digital and paper products into the same project.) You can check out the blog hop HERE.

First, I downloaded the Delft Digital kit and opened the files in Photoshop. I really like the quad prints for card panels, so I printed that onto white cardstock.

Next I chose three elements from the files to showcase on my cards. I isolated each, resized them, and moved them onto a blank document so I could print them all at once.

I love the look of Delft patterns and I thought I could duplicate a pendant I'd seen in a boutique some time ago. Club Scrap's Bezel, Cabochon & Chain Set was perfect for this project.


1. Apply Bookbinding Glue to the flat side of each glass bezel, adhere to desired section of printed paper. Repeat with other two bezels. 



2. Once dry, use a craft knife or scissors to trim away the excess paper.

3. Apply Bookbinding Glue to the inside frame of the cabochon, insert bezel and allow to dry thoroughly. Add chain.


With the remaining supplies, I made four greeting cards.



Delft Greeting stamp, Embellishment Pack Cabochons

Delft Greeting stamp
The digital kits are a great way to stretch your paper stash and customize artwork to fit your needs. I encourage you to give it a try some time!

Comments

  1. Love the pendants!!! Great cards too Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those necklaces are gorgeous and so simple to make! (The cards, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karen, what great projects. Love the jewelery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' those necklaces, Karen. They are my fav from your post. I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is it that I didn't even know this blog existed?! Those pendants are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The greeting cards are fabulous and I HAVE to have a pendant! Going shopping now, so glad you shared the link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! And I love those pendants!!!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment