Garden Shed, Homecoming, and Harry Potter

Since the weather has been pretty chilly, I decided to craft a bit this weekend. I've been focusing on getting my Lite kits scrapped, so I grabbed Garden Shed Lite kit and whipped up eight pages following Club Scrap's instructions.

Once the pages were assembled, I browsed through my last batch of photos and I found pics from various occasions that worked really well on these pages.
Garden Shed Lite Layout 1-2

The first four layouts feature photos from 2015 Homecoming. My friend Aimee took photos of the kids all dressed up in our backyard. (I put the Copper Plant Tags in an embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. Don't they look pretty? I just might have to pick up a few more of those!)

Garden Shed Lite Layout 3-4
The yard and garden setting was what inspired me to pair Homecoming pics with the Garden Shed theme. I think it worked out perfectly! (I rearranged the photo mats slightly to accommodate the orientation of my photos.)

Garden Shed Lite Layout 5-6
And of course photos from the garden are an obvious choice on these pages. I just added the die cut letters spelling out "bloom" and "grow" to fill in some of the white space.

Garden Shed Lite Layout 7-8
Finally, these last two pages document a very special gift my daughter received for her 17th birthday. Her very clever and talented friend, Melina, shares our family's love of all things Harry Potter. Emma's gift was wrapped in plain brown paper topped with an envelope reminiscent of Harry's letters from Hogwarts. Tied to the package was a white balloon decorated to look like Harry's owl, Hedwig. The package "magically" appeared on our front porch as if by owl post. Such a fun idea!

Well, I'm off to see what else I can accomplish. Wishing you a crafty weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment